Board of Education
- Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Audio & Minutes
- District Policies
- Board of Education members
- How to Run for the Board of Education
- Email the Board of Education
Resources from NYS School Boards Association
About the Board of Education
The five elected members of the Wynantskill UFSD Board of Education are charged with setting the goals and establishing the policies to create a successful school district for our community's children. Board members are unpaid volunteers serving three-year terms.
Members of the Board adopt the annual budget and make decisions on a range of educational issues. They are not responsible for the day-to-day operation of Gardner-Dickinson School. Parents are encouraged to contact the building principal or appropriate administrator to address specific school concerns. If the issue remains unresolved, please contact the school superintendent.
The community is encouraged to attend meetings to learn about the educational issues the Board is considering. We value your interest and encourage you to attend and voice any questions or concerns you may have about your school.
Contacting the Board of Education
If you have a question for the Board of Education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be delivered to all five Board members.
You can also contact Sharon Hillis, District Clerk, at (518) 283-4600 ext. 14
Board of Education Goals
The Board of Education Goals are:
- Increase academic achievement for all students.
- Value continuous school improvement.
- Foster a safe, respectful, responsible and positive school community.
- Promote open and effective communication.
- Provide a quality educational program while remaining fiscally responsible.